Sunday, March 15, 2009

My vice is FOOD! Weight on my mind again... *** Also Updated page so anyone can leave comments***

So it's a terrible world we live in when one can feel guilty just for eating :-( Which is what I feel now... I got this website to keep track of calories and what I eat and even calories a burn now this is a nice tool. http://www.thedailyplate.com/ But sometimes I wonder if this borders on being obsessive? counting calories what kind of society does one live in where they have to literally monitor their intake because our food is fatty and portions are out of control...

I must also give you some Back ground on myself.... So you understand my need to be obsessive... In high school I was athletic so I could eat what ever I wanted and not gain weight cuz I was always active; from there I joined the army which I could eat double what I wanted and managed to have the body of a pro athlete.... But after that I returned home and being African American when ever opportunity arises we cook; good, bad, sad, weddings and death; there is opportunity to gorge yourself. Me being a gluttoness~ My major sin... I love to go out to eat fancy restaurants all types of food not just my own but I embraces all cultures when it comes to food and will try anything once :-) my faves Ethiopian(anything African), Korean, Japanese, Italian, french, Mexican, Caribbean, Indian, Chinese, Mongolian, and middle eastern especially Afghani!

But subsequently I gained at least 30 pounds/ 13 kilo! lost it then gained it back again recently; now I'm overweight but not ashamed to admit I now weight on a good day 170 pounds/ 77 kilo and I'm 64" inches tall :-( but I guess I carry it well considering muscle mass; but I don't look my usually athletic curvy self that once weighed in High school 140 pounds/ 63 kilo....

Now with this guilt I have in mind I did track my calories for what I ate last night at Wendy's one of my many favorite guilty pleasures; my vice food and fast food!!!! So I find my food in the search engine and it seems I have consumed my daily calories in one sitting 1,500 calories damn near in one meal! May I also add I was being greedy and all I eat prior the whole day was a measly hot pocket, may I also add that I was sad and seeking comfort in a spicy chicken burger and large fries ( which was very tasty) but now I feel shamed for this sick indulgence of mine and must do at least an hour on the elliptical today...

1 comment:

sheri amor said...

yup.. it sounds like your a lil bit obsessive about counting the total fat, carbs and all in the nutrition facts. But, that's a great idea!